Every UK gambling site we recommend has been tried and tested by our review team to ensure they meet our strict standards. They each come with real-user gambling reviews, so you can find out as much as possible before you start playing online for real money. If you want to jump right in and sample some of the best gambling sites in the UK, have a look at our handpicked list below that's curated to suit all types of players:
Top Gambling Sites List UK: December 2023
Why Trust iGamblingSites.com?
iGamblingSites.com was established in 2005 and has become the go-to gambling comparison site for gamblers worldwide. We aim to keep players safe, secure, and happy when they gamble online. We’re guided by the wisdom of being enthusiastic gamblers ourselves, and after decades of working within the iGaming industry, we’ve seen and learned how things work on both sides of the fence. This has put us in a perfect and somewhat enviable position, enabling us to run this website accurately, professionally, and truthfully.
Every article and every word on this website is a result of heavy research where we’ve fine-combed gambling sites concerning due diligence and operating practices. As a result, you will only ever see top-quality online gambling sites run by professional and fair companies with huge financial backing. Moreover, this stance goes for everything else we cover, right down to casino bonuses that will always be transparent and the fairest available online.
💡 There’s no compromise for us. Gambling sites need to be the best, otherwise, there’s no room on our pages for them. Above are just some of the reasons we feel that you can trust everything we recommend. We hope it can save you time in researching online gambling sites so you can spend more time playing and less time looking, but you have all the tools and things you must look for in case you want to find gambling sites on your own. Find out more about the team here and why we’re serious about creating an informative leading gambling guide.
The word ‘online’ is synonymous with most things in everyday life nowadays, so it’s no secret that gambling can be enjoyed online much the same as offline, a.k.a – in a land-based casino or gambling establishment. Many people prefer to gamble online because of the convenience it offers. You don’t need to travel further than your own home, or if partaking in mobile gaming – you can gamble anytime and anywhere.
The Benefits of Online Gambling Sites
What’s more, gambling online is much cheaper than gambling offline, particularly if you travel. Gambling bonuses, casino promotions, and loyalty rewards also come into this category as a major benefit that sets apart an online casino from a land casino. Often, when playing at an online casino, you have the choice of choosing to play with a variety of casino bonuses.
- Convenience: Play from your own living room or on the go on mobile or tablets. Gambling online is easier than going to a land-based establishment.
- Comfort: You can gamble online in comfort and confidence. Some people find land-based casinos daunting. Gambling online lets players play privately and offers plenty of time to brush up on skills and strategies to help them get more out of their game.
- Bonuses: Gambling bonuses (including casino bonuses and sports betting offers) are plentiful online. Something which is not available at land-based casinos. The same goes for sports betting online. You can often take advantage of welcome sports betting bonuses, better odds and promotions, which add much more value to your play than what you’d find offline. It isn’t commonplace to find such rewards at land casinos or bookmakers unless you’re a noted VIP player. The reasons are mainly due to overheads that a land establishment has to keep to keep the place running. It’s a costly business running a land casino but running an online casino has much fewer overheads, resulting in the ability to offer more promotions and perks.
- Better Games: Online, you can access over 5,000 different slot games from the best casino software providers. You can also play live casino games, which are live-streamed to your device.
- Extensive Betting Options: Extra perks include live streaming, in-play betting, and top-of-the-line odds that you won't find on the high street.
UK Gambling Sites Reviews
Our gambling site reviews provide an honest and truthful account of our experiences playing at the sites ourselves. We’re transparent in every area and detail in our articles and casino reviews. If you’re looking for the safest gambling experience online, iGamblingSites.com will show you the way.
Since gambling is a vast subject, we’ve broken everything down so it’s easy to navigate your way around this website, depending on precisely what you’re looking for. The most common forms of online gambling are online casino games and slots and online betting, poker, and bingo, and we have sections covering everything related to each. If you’re not sure what you want to play online, just browse the many different sections to find new gambling sites to try out.
💡 We're continually adding new gambling site reviews, the latest gambling news, informative articles, and guides with the sole aim of helping you get the best experience when you gamble online!
How Do We Review & Rate UK Gambling Sites
We play at every gambling site we list because that will give us a good idea of how it is when you get going. Aside from getting a good feel of a gambling site when we play there for real money, we also look for the following criteria when rating gambling sites. This is to help us weed out the sites which aren’t up to par:
- Licensing: What License Does The Gambling Site Hold: You will only find the best gambling sites that protect you as a player – those licensed by the best gambling authorities. Look out for casinos and betting sites licensed by least the UK Gambling Commission and other leading gambling licenses such as the Malta Gaming Authority and the Alderney Gambling Commission.
- Game Choice: Top Gambling Sites Have Over 3,000 Games & Slots: Popular gambling sites offer a full range of casino games and/or betting options featuring premium providers. Our motto goes hand in hand with this: “Quality over quantity” is important to keep in mind because, trust us -there are so many decent available to you that there’s no need to be playing mediocre games that aren’t riveting or fun or worse – have a low RTP%.
- Bonuses: We Check For Fair/ Low & No Wagering Bonuses: Generous welcome bonuses and a clear and prominent rewards program make sites stand out. Sometimes rewards programs can come in a format where gamification is used (the application of making activities more like interactive games to make them more interesting or enjoyable, in the online gambling sense – to engage you to play more but reward you for it) ensuring you get the best rewards from your first deposit, as well as clear directions on what you will get after that is important to take into account.
- Compatibility: Access Across All Devices: The best sites are the ones that are the easiest to access and play on. Those are compatible with all devices, including mobiles, tablets, and desktop browsers. The better the mobile website, the better too. Did you know that over 60% of online gamblers use mobiles to gamble online? Naturally, the best gambling sites are the ones that have put time, money, and effort into making sure their website is faultless on all devices, are lightning-fast loading, and there are no issues whatsoever.
- Professional 24/7 Customer Support: It’s also essential to get help when you feel you need it, no matter your query. The best gambling websites offer fast and knowledgeable customer service, often with 24/7 opening hours. It’s standard for casinos to support two or more contact methods, including live chat, email, and sometimes a toll-free phone number to speak to a team member.
- Fast Withdrawals / Payments: Let’s face it, nobody loves waiting for their withdrawals to be processed, but it is a necessary evil due to licensing. A casino must perform checks. But that’s not to say that casinos should take an age to payout, though. The best gambling sites are the ones that are fast-paying casinos. We look out for those who issue payments within a day and offer instant and same-day withdrawals with the least fuss possible.
How Do I Start Gambling Online For Real Money?
A quick and easy step-by-step to get started at the next online casino.
Step 1 - Choose an online casino and create an account
- Visit the website taken from our list.
- Press the “Join now” button.
- Add the required information needed and accept the T&Cs, then create your new online casino account.
Step 2 - Verify your account and set up a PIN
- After creating the account, you will be taken to the next screen. There, you´ll be prompted to enter a 4-digit security PIN. This is used when depositing or withdrawing funds to your chosen destination.
- Please remember that when playing with the bonus offer you must first fulfill the wagering requirement.
- As confirmation, you´ll get an SMS on your mobile device to confirm your number.
Step 3 - The first deposit
- Having verified your account, it is now time to deposit, visit the cashier section.
- Choose whether to accept the welcome bonus or not.
- Then choose the payment method you prefer and fill in the information needed.
- Press “Deposit” and then start playing for real money.
Best Gambling Sites UK
We make a top list of the best gambling sites every month with our extensive knowledge of what is and what isn’t a good gambling site. What makes the best gambling site is subjective according to your own tastes, but as long as you know they are legal, honest, and fair, the rest of it comes down to the preferences you prefer as a player. This is why we review and rank so many different types of gambling sites so that everyone who’s reading will find a perfect match. We assess gambling websites based on game choice, deposit methods, payout times, safety, markets, bonuses, and customer service quality, among many other things.
Because we only list legit gambling sites here, the ultimate decision of “where to play next” rests upon your shoulders! Now that you don’t have to worry about ending up at a less-than-savoury site, we recommend you take your time and research by reading our reviews and comparing different gambling sites to find the best match. Whilst doing this, keep in mind a couple of points:
Online casinos make up a little over 70% of gambling sites online. It’s by far the most popular gambling pastime and there are hundreds of online casino sites available for you to play at. Online casinos have come a long way since the very first one went live on the internet back in 1999. Over 2 decades later, we have the luxury of featuring only the best casino sites online. We’re only interested in the best and we cherry-pick them for this site. Don’t be shocked when we confirm that you can play at legal casinos that home over 2,000 different casino games, slots, and even the latest phenomenon – live dealer casino games. Casino welcome bonuses are also becoming larger and more lucrative, often because many new casino sites are popping up, and they have to compete to stand out from the rest.
We’ve done the hard work for you when trying the best casino gambling sites are concerned. Reviews adhere to our strict criteria and are each licensed by the best online gambling licenses. What’s more, all casino sites can be enjoyed on all devices including mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
NEW SLOT SITES 2023
New slot sites are new online casinos with a focus on slots. New slot sites often have over 3,000 premium slot games available to play instantly across all devices and have become an increasingly popular type of casino over the past decade. New slot sites offer a brand new and exciting gaming experience and almost always a generous sign up welcome bonus that usually beats the bonuses you’re currently getting. There’s no limit to how many new slot sites you can try either. As long as you never hold more than one account at any site, you can try as many as you wish. This is what a lot of savvy slots players tend to do as they can claim the maximum bonuses time and time again – and never get bored!
In our effort to review as many gambling sites as we can, we focus a lot of our time on bringing you the best new slot sites as and when they enter the gambling market. You will only ever find recommended and safe UK slot sites which are run by reputable companies and ones that we’re happy to play ourselves.
We update our list of new slot sites almost daily and we still can’t quite keep on top of them all. Suffice it to say, you’ll never see a new slot site that isn’t up to standard here. If you haven’t tried playing at the latest casinos before and you wonder why they are better than some established casinos, check our out page dedicated to new slot sites which explains everything you’ll need to know as well as compared to the latest slot sites we’ve added this week!
SPORTS BETTING SITES
Sports betting sites online are incredibly popular, especially during notable sporting seasons and events. Much like online casinos, it’s easy to log in and place a wager on your favourite team or sporting event at top betting sites in the UK. Often, you’ll find that an online betting site will also offer you the ability to play casino games and slots from your account which makes things even more efficient – perfect for those who love to bet on sports and play casino games and slots at the same time!
Our betting sites reviews naturally cover the best betting sites online and go into great detail about why we think so. No matter if you love a flutter on the horses, are a golf fanatic, or follow the NBA, NFL, and NHL seasons, we’re confident we’ll show you the best sites for your love of sports. Not only that either; we concentrate on such sites that will guarantee you the most competitive odds on the market, the greatest variety of betting bonuses as well popular features such as live betting and live streaming options. What happens when you can't decide between joining a casino or a betting site because you enjoy betting on both? We recommend choosing a casino with sports betting option!
ONLINE BINGO SITES
Whilst not the biggest topic of online gambling, bingo is certainly a popular pastime in the UK and there are tons of top bingo sites available for you to log on, be social and play some grids! Bingo is known for being a fun and sociable pastime and the thrill and the excitement of waiting for your numbers to be called at Bingo sites doesn’t differ from the experience you get in land-based bingo halls up and down the country. UK Bingo sites offer various themed bingo rooms and side games including popular UK slots and huge jackpots which are up for grabs every single day. Our recommended top bingo sites are each licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and are completely safe to play at.
NEW GAMBLING SITES 2023
The online gambling industry has grown exponentially in the UK over the past decade and with that have come many new operators launching new gambling sites regularly. This has created many casino sister sites which are casinos that are related to each other in some way; either operating on the same platform (and therefore having the same games and systems) or they’re owned by the same company. Casino sister sites are recommended because they’re often owned by iGaming companies that know what they’re doing as they run many other successful casino sites.
New gambling sites are often packed full of modern features and interactive casino promotions; such as casino slots leaderboards, slots tournaments, or unique gamification features which if combined, offer a diverse gambling experience. We check out the newest gambling sites on the market and will list them in our new gambling sites section if they’re up to scratch.
Sometimes trying new gambling sites can feel like a gamble in itself because it’s the ‘unknown’ and out of your comfort zone, but there’s no issue in trying however many new sites out as you like; often playing at newer gambling websites will reward you with a new player welcome bonus and extra perks that you may not be receiving at your current online casino.
MOBILE SITES & GAMBLING APPS
Another important factor when choosing a gambling site is how you can access the games. How compatible is the site across different devices? The good news is, in this day and age there are plenty of mobile gambling sites and many new mobile gambling sites launching regularly. If you registered on your mobile, you will still be able to log in and play via your desktop or tablet device with no bother. Casino games and betting software are designed to work flawlessly on mobile devices too. So, let’s face it – a site that isn’t wholly mobile-friendly isn’t going to last long these days.
This is why so many online gambling companies spend much time and resources on their mobile offering. Whilst there are many gambling Apps, and some leading UK gambling sites also offer a downloadable app, it’s not necessary to find these as many sites are instant and easy to access via mobile browsers, without the need to download any bulky gambling Apps. If an operator doesn’t have a mobile website that works for you – we don’t recommend you waste your time on them. There are plenty of other top mobile gambling sites out there which are superb!
Are online casinos safe?
Everything we do online requires certain ways of ensuring we are using the correct approach, especially when it comes to real money. You wouldn´t consider shopping online if the website is insecure and the company behind it seems dubious. The same kind of care should be considered when signing up at a new online casino. In the past, online casinos were the least bothered about security, but today that has changed. No online gambling site would survive if it had mediocre security standards. This does not mean that all casinos are safe to play at. What it means is that a player should learn to distinguish secure, reputed casinos from those that aren´t. Here is a short list of the four most important aspects before you choose an online casino.
- Encryption Technology: Today, a casino should be as safe as banks with https:// and not http:// since that is unsafe. All your information and transactions should be encrypted and therefor, safe. SSL is standard in the gambling world, together with the latest encryption technology.
- Licensing: A valid license issued by a gambling jurisdiction is vital since this makes the casino safe, fair, reliable, and secure. Financial transactions, money, and personal details are protected under the rule of law.
- Financial Histories: As a player, you should be able to check the casino´s financial histories, which makes your gambling transparent and fair. Proper gambling sites prevent underage gamblers from playing and also offer help to people who might have problems with excessive gambling.
- Fair Gaming: Learning from the past, the gaming industry now gets tested regularly for fairness and randomness by third-party auditors. The RNG, a random number generator, cannot be manipulated to increase the house's advantage.
Are licenses that important when playing at gambling sites online?
Indeed, they are. Licenses are the very definition of the legal stance of an online gambling site. Regulatory bodies such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) or Curaçao eGaming are some of the guarantors of safe and fair playing. These entities follow strict rules and implement strict controls on the license holders. Regular checks occur at the wagering platforms, ensuring they are safe and fair.
How can I tell if an online gambling site is secure?
All the best online gambling sites do use secure platforms utilising SSL encryption for maximum protection. It is important to know if the online casino at hand is secure before one deposits money and starts playing. Website protocol type can be found on the web browser address bar at the top of your screen. There, it should say HTTPS, which means the gambling site is safe and secure.
Should there be HTTP only and not HTTPS, one should shy away since any form of data you provide can be accessed and intercepted. After having checked for the security protocol in use, the second important aspect is scrolling down to the end of the website and finding the license logo. All safe and respectable gambling sites will hold a license from the correct jurisdiction.
Five important points when choosing a gambling site
- Use a trusted site: Don't hand over a Pound, Euro, or dollar until you've established that you're on a licensed casino site that is independently audited to provide fair games and which meets all of the industry standards for quality.
- Boost your bankroll with a bonus: Kick-start your gaming with some extra cash. It will make your money go further and give you a bigger sum to start with. Always read the rules of wagering requirements before you accept a bonus.
- Pick the games you love: Whether it's Poker, Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, or Slots, make sure your money goes towards your favourite games. It's important to shop around for the sites with the best choices available before you start playing with your own money.
- Choose the best payment options: Always check whether your preferred payment method is available, and make sure you're eligible to make real-money transactions. Some banking options for Internet gambling are free to use, and the best casinos provide quick deposits and withdrawals. However, there may also be some form of ID verification process before a withdrawal is authorised.
- Find top online gambling apps for mobile: Tablet and smartphone gamers can enjoy real-money online casino and sports gambling for Android and iOS devices. Pick a gambling site that offers no-hassle, mobile-friendly, and instant-play games.
Best UK Betting Sites 2023
For those who get geared up for betting on the many sporting events throughout the calendar year, rest assured we have you covered in the best betting sites for UK punters. While a lot of our work involves reviewing online casinos and slot games, we also have a heavy focus on sports betting gambling sites and casino betting sites so that all of our readers, no matter what their preferences, will find a perfect gambling site solution. Below, we've listed our recommended online betting sites in the UK.
These are gambling sites where you'll be able to find a ton of online sports betting options. We've picked these ones because they've stood out to us for all the right reasons. Naturally, they are each licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, so you know that they're safe and legit. But moreover, we've selected them after reviewing each at length because they offer comprehensive sports betting options (from mainstream events to lesser-known games on the calendar).
You'll also be able to enjoy extra live in-play betting, live streaming on your favourite sports, play side casino casinos, and slots plus (and this is important!). You'll gain access to some of the best betting offers and bonuses right now in the UK. Most of our recommendations will be new betting sites, or at least those that have launched in the past 18 months. This is because we believe these sites offer something really competitive and will give you a new edge to your sports betting online.
- Well Known Betting Brand
- Ample Choice of Betting Markets
- Lucrative Sign-Up Offers
- Superb Betting Options
- Cashback Available
- Casino & Betting From 1 Account
- Top Betting Offer UK
- Trusted Platform
- Slots & Live Games Available
Should I accept a welcome bonus offer?
Any online gambling site that wishes to attract new players and create an upper hand over the competition will offer a welcome bonus. In reality, the online casinos of today do look similar and are built in similar ways. Therefor, it is imperative to stand out in the crowd with an offer that should be irresistible for most. But what are they offering, and what does it mean for you?
Types of casino bonus
Casino bonuses are separated into two categories where you either need to make a deposit to qualify or get a no deposit bonus just by signing up. Many online casinos offer them both to attract as many new players as possible. Casino bonuses online can be counted in the thousands, so there will be something for everyone to enjoy.
- Deposit match casino bonus: A very popular form of bonus that could be worth much more than other bonuses. The gambling site will match the first deposit of a new player up to a stated maximum bonus, pound for pound. This bonus effectively doubles the money new players have to play games with. Read more about deposit bonus for the best offers today.
- Deposit bonus: Slightly different from a deposit match bonus, where new players are guaranteed a certain bonus if they have at least a minimum first deposit. These bonuses are common to encourage the player to keep topping up the account. Some online casinos might call this a reload bonus, as they do happen when you deposit new money into your account.
- Loyalty casino bonus: This kind of bonus works much like the first deposit bonus but with a difference. The bonus will be triggered at regular intervals during your time at the gambling site. Most loyalty casino bonuses are triggered by dates rather than your account balance. Many of them are triggered at the anniversary of joining the casino or perhaps reaching a landmark deposit level.
- Other online casino bonus deals: There are online casinos that offer a small bonus on a minimum deposit when using a selected payment method. Other bonuses can be triggered when word by mouth leads to a new player signing up at the casino site, a refer-a-friend bonus. Furthermore, you might stumble upon a sticky bonus that looks like any other bonus but the bonus amount will be removed before any winnings can be claimed.
- Slots, Table Games, Live Casino & Sports Betting
- Wagering Free Bonuses
- Trusted Platform & Licensed
What Are Wagering Requirements?
The critical aspect when accepting any form of welcome bonus is that the majority of online casinos offer a bonus when signing up for the first time. These bonuses come with wagering requirements that must be fulfilled before the player can make any withdrawals. The requirements indicate the number of times you must bet the bonus before the money is unlocked and available.
As an example, we can imagine a gambling site that offers a welcome bonus of £ 5,000 across a player´s first five deposits. Since the first deposit comes with a 250% match, funding your account with £10 will get you £35. Here, there's a 35x wagering requirement. Thus, you'll have to bet £1,225 (35x35) before you can withdraw the bonus and winnings made from it.
How To Find The Best Gambling Sites
We think you first need to ask yourself what you're looking for in an online gambling site. Do you want to play casino games? Slots or make online sports bets? What about games? If it’s the big progressive jackpot you’re looking for, then a quick check on your website is advisable, as game choice varies from casino to casino. This goes for any game – it’s best not to assume a casino will automatically have a game you have in mind because it might not. Whilst our casino reviews are in-depth, you can always check yourself before starting.
- Check For Games & Betting Options: If the casino doesn’t have what you’re after but does have plenty of other new games and a fantastic casino bonus to welcome you, why not give it a go? Often, you’ll find new and exciting games you hadn’t thought about trying before. And that’s the beauty of playing casino games online – there are always new and more entertaining games launched regularly.
- Check for Bonuses & Offers: Any new gambling site will welcome you with open arms and the lure of an excellent welcome bonus. But, if you plan to stick around, then make sure there are a decent loyalty rewards program and regular promotions that you can use. Often, these offers and extra bonuses can help you play for longer or help you engage in fun competitions that add an extra layer of fun when you’re playing your games.
Best UK Online Slots Reviewed
A major part of what we do here is review online slots. We love to play them, and we know many fellow enthusiasts share our sentiment. There are thousands of slot games available at UK gambling sites, and we'd be fools to say that we aim to review them all. But we don't for two reasons. First, we simply don't have the time to review many games, but more importantly, some games aren't worth the review.
This is why we stick to reviewing popular UK slots, new slots, and games from our favourite slot game vendors, which include Netent, Microgaming, Yggdrasil, No Limit City, Barcrest, IGT, Play N Go, Gameburger Studios, Quickspin and more. Whether you want to learn how to play a game or the game's variance or RTP %, then make sure you consult our slot reviews! Below, you'll find our latest reviewed online slots, which are also tending online right now.
One of the oldest and most loved of all casino games, this is in the land-based casinos as well as online casinos. With the technology of today, Roulette-lovers have the chance to play the legendary table game in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, and exciting way. Today, the quality of internet-based games such as Roulette reaches heights that could only be dreamed of in past years. Watching the ball spin in the wheel and fall into an unknown slot is still today ever-so-popular.
Blackjack, or 21, is most likely the most known and sensible casino game there is out there. Casino players around the globe usually start their gambling experience spinning the reels of the slots games but end up at the Blackjack tables. It is a game that requires some thinking and implementing strategies that appeal since it is a skill-based game. There are many variations of the game online, but all of them come with the benefit of having the lowest house edge.
One of the fastest and most rewarding table games there is, in fact, in many parts of Asia this card game gem is the number one choice for highrollers. Lightning speed combined with a low house edge gives the man-on-man game that upper leverage. Baccarat is as old as the casinos themselves but never seems to run out of fashion. If there is a game that can attract all sorts of players, then Baccarat it is. Remember, you can always bet on yourself, the bank, or a draw.
Live Casino sites
Playing Roulette, Baccarat, and online Blackjack is possible to play in different ways in an online casino. Either play the older virtual versions with somewhat limited graphics and features or play the live casino version in real time. Live casino games are growing more rapidly than anyone could have foreseen just a few years ago. Interaction, excitement, thrills from the start, and a myriad of games to play. All this in the best of real-time video broadcasts with real living dealers and croupiers. Live casino is here to stay, and looks like it´s going to be the biggest online.
The ultimate in online gambling engagement and interaction can likely be found in the huge options available to online bingo players. Much like its bingo hall origins, the online version has grown to mass popularity in the UK and the best online bingo operators are keen to provide regular games and lots of ways to win. The online world of today offers many variations and tournaments with impressive interactive gameplay for that ultimate experience.
The grand old lady of casino games, Poker comes from the USA and sometime in the 19th century, it was born. Needless to say, there probably isn´t any living human being who has never heard of the legendary table game. Huge amounts of variations exist, whether it´s in land-based casinos or online ditto. Playing card games seems to never seize in popularity, and no wonder when you can enjoy Texas hold ’em, stud, free roll tournaments, or single table cash games at this very moment.
In the past and present, lottery tickets were found only at supermarkets or kiosks and elsewhere. Physical tickets that you had to stand in line for and with only a number of different options available. This has now changed in the past years, lottery tickets are purchased online where massive jackpots and rollovers transform the way we are seeing lotteries. Many players of all ages enjoy the lotto games, scratch cards, instant wins, number draws, and more, and the UK lotto scene has changed forever.
Gambling Payment Providers
Moving money conveniently and easily is paramount to an enjoyable online gambling experience. Whether you join a new gambling site or you gamble at your age-old favourite, flexibility and security are primary factors to consider when you gamble online. Not only will you want to fund your account easily with plenty of options, but you will also want to cash out winnings quickly and effortlessly.
The best gambling sites will offer a wide range of safe and secure payment options for your convenience, all of which will support secure deposits and withdrawals in a timely fashion. Below, we've highlighted the most popular and useful payment methods available at top online gambling sites, such as those you'll see recommended around this website. Some of them you will instantly recognise because they're well-known payment providers used elsewhere; however, you may also discover newer ways to pay at UK gambling sites too!
There’s a wide choice of banking options available to you; however, the choice depends on the casino site and the territory you are accessing. Popular deposit methods for UK gambling sites include Debit Cards, many eWallets such as PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller, Pay By Phone Bill systems like Boku and Klarna, Bank Wire transfers, and PaySafe Card. However, UK customers, please note that you won’t be able to use any credit cards to fund your account as credit card gambling was outlawed in the UK in April 2020. Still, we’re confident that there are so many other banking methods available to you that you won’t even notice!
Popular Payment Methods Available At UK Gambling Sites
- Enhanced Security
- One-Click Payments
- Convenient for iOS Users
- Easy to Use On All Devices
- Extra Level of Security
- One Click Payments
- Fast & Secure
- Low Limits
- Widely Accepted & Efficient
- No Fees
- Convenient & Easy To Use
- You Don’t Need A Bank
- No Account Needed
- No Need For Bank Cards
- Highly Secure
- Safe, Secure & Trusted
- Bonus Compatible
- Widely Accepted
- Easy To Stay Within Limits
- Safe & Secure
- Wideley Accepted at UK Casinos
- Widely Accepted
- Fast Withdrawals
- Safe & Trusted
- Widely Accepted
- Safe & Secure
- Bonus Compatible
- Widely Accepted
- Fast Withdrawals
- Highly Secure
- Widely Accepted
- Safe & Secure
- Bonus Compatible
- Safe & Alternative
- Better Bonuses
- Instant Cashouts
Can you win money with online casinos?
The number one question in online gambling is “How do I make money when gambling online?” and the answer is just not a simple one. There will always be people telling you that you should just “Do this or that and be rich in no time". However, it is not that easy even though the opportunities are massive. Several million can be won in a single day, and this is something that does occur around the gambling world.
What should be a guide for all kinds of players is the game selection and having very clear expectations of what you´re doing. Each different type of online gambling/betting that exists offers different chances of winning. The one who has been to a casino or perhaps talked to gamblers before might have heard that they had a system to beat a certain game. If there was a water-tight system then one could assume the player would practically live in the casino and be filthy rich. But there is no such thing as a system-beating system. However, there are ways to spot the differences and benefits of casino games, especially when playing online. The most important aspect every punter should know is spotting a luck-based game versus a skill-based game.
Luck-based games are those where you play against the casino and not against other players. These are luck-based games such as slot games where the house has a long-run edge. There is money to be won in these games of course, but in the long run over thousands of games, the casino will ultimately win. With this said, when playing online slots and especially progressive slot games, there are millions up for grabs. Every month there are new millionaires who have played the slots. Skill-based games have no house edge since you play against other players and not the house (casino). The casino will charge a small fee for facilitating the game but it is up to the player who wins the money. Skill-based games are preferred for seasoned players who are in it to make money long-term. The better a player becomes and learns the tricks and the trades of a certain game, the bigger the chances of winning. Games such as Baccarat, Roulette, Craps, and Blackjack should be considered for long-term gambling.
An Overview of the UK gambling market
Choosing the right gambling site for the UK market is a truly subjective matter since a player´s taste differs depending on the personality. Some wish to indulge in thousands of slots, whereas another is bonus-hunting. The options are almost endless when viewing the number of online gambling sites.
With the formation of the UK Gambling Commission and the delivery of the Gambling Act of 2005, the industry moved forward quickly, providing licensed operators in the UK the chance to deliver Casino Games, Slots, Sports Betting, Online Poker, Roulette, and table games, as well as Bingo and Lottery to a mass UK online audience. This paved the way for a unique gambling environment where the operators are subject to regulation to ensure the protection of the vulnerable. Besides that important aspect, the industry has gone on to become one of the best-regulated markets in the world. In fact, the UK has since years been leading the race with the safest and most secure gambling sites anywhere.
Then, there is another very important fact regarding the UK´s gambling environment that benefits players. The best online casinos in the UK are the envy of the gambling world due to the vast variety of games. Slots, Table Games, Live Casino, Game Shows, and even VR-Casino games in the thousands where quality is the keyword.
How do I get help from an online gambling site?
Out of all the online gambling sites, some understand customer support and its significance. Efficient and professional support is vital for the players since questions and problems do arise. It is, therefore, important for the online casino to have a dedicated team that assists players whenever they need help.
To get into contact with the support team there should be several methods of communication. The most common ways of getting in touch are live chat, email, and telephone. In some cases when needed the option of sending physical letters is possible as well since the address to the online casino is stated on the websites. Do remember that some casinos only offer registered players support and help. Usually, the customer support team should be available 24/7 the year around.
Things to consider before you start playing at any gambling site
- Know the type of casino you would want to play at (mobile casino, download casino, or instant play casino). Ideally, select a website that offers a great PC website, mobile casino, and apps for both iOS and Android devices for gaming on the go.
- Go through the casino reviews and ratings and get information about the history of the casino. Choose a casino that has won lots of positive reviews and praise from punters. A website that has won gongs from EGR B2B Awards, Global Gaming Awards, Gaming Intelligence Awards, and International Gaming Awards is a great choice.
- Software Providers – The best casinos for new punters foray together games from numerous top developers. Look for games from developers such as Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Playtech, IGT, Isoftbet, ElK studios, Ash Gaming, NextGen, Quickspin, Novomatic, Extreme Gaming, and more.
- Casino Games – Even those new to online gambling must choose the casino game to even start playing. For this reason, we suggest selecting a gambling platform with a wide variety of casino games. Look for slots, table games, scratch card games, bingo games, video poker, live casino games, instant win games, and more.
- Casino bonus - Any respectable online casino will offer new players some sort of casino bonus. This is to maximise your time playing games and also to increase your chance of winning. Bonuses come in various forms with different terms and conditions. Always read the T&Cs before accepting a casino bonus.
- Consider the banking options. Any respectable website will offer a plethora of deposit and withdrawal options. Confirm the website supports instant and free deposits through eWallets such as PayPal and Skrill, debit and credit cards, wire and bank transfers, and pay by phone options such as Boku.
- Withdrawal and deposit limits. The best gambling platforms offer low minimum deposit and withdrawal limits (£10 is the industry average) and high maximum deposit and withdrawal limits. Read more about how to deposit £10 and play.
- Go through the terms and conditions and make sure you are okay with all the provisions. Some important aspects to check here include the withdrawal policy, the wagering requirement on bonus funds, bonus validity, and so on.
- Interact with the casino’s support team and see how they respond to your questions. The best gambling websites for new players offer help 24/7 through phone, live chat, WhatsApp, and an extensive FAQ section. They are active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+.
- Check the website’s rank – some of the top-ranked sites are certified, having greater value. They maintain a regularly updated blog section that shares insights on how to start gambling online, have fun and make money responsibly.
Our reputation of being a leading comparison site extends to responsible gaming, too. We might not have met you in person, but we care about all of our readers. As a gambling guide, we feel that not only is it our responsibility to guide you to the safest gambling sites online but always to promote responsible gambling too.
Gambling, after all, can be addictive, and responsible gambling is a topic that should always be prevalent. Gambling should be fun, but it’s essential to know where you can go to seek help if it becomes a problem for you or someone you know. There’s abundant support available online should you feel you or someone you know has a problem gambling and it’s no longer fun.
Prominent UK online casinos associate themselves with responsible gambling organisations that prevent gambling addiction. Leading gambling help organisations include GamCare, Gamstop, GambleAware, and Gamblers Anonymous. You will see the logos of these organisations displayed on the websites of reliable casinos, usually in the website footer. Please visit our responsible gambling page for in-depth help on this topic or visit the help organisations at the bottom of this page.
Online Gambling Sites: FAQ's
We aim to cover all areas of online gambling, however, there are plenty of frequently asked questions that we’re asked time and time again. Popular questions you’ll find below. We bet you’ve wondered about some of them too!
Is it Online Gambling Legal in the UK?
Online Gambling is legal in the UK as long as you’re over the age of 18 and are betting on gambling sites licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. If you’re reading this outside of the UK, we always recommend that you check your local jurisdictions to make sure you’re within the lines of the law. Our gambling legislation page will help you find out more.