What's not to like about a bonus that gives you money back in your casino account? With cashback bonuses, you can get money added back into your casino account even when you don't win. At most casinos, there's a plethora of standard welcome bonuses and promotions available, but getting anything from 5-20% in cashback is a rarer find.
To kick things off, we've compiled a list of the best casino cashback offers right now in the UK. These kickbacks are available at selected cashback casinos that hold valid gambling licenses and will offer you a terrific library of games and slots, and fast cashout times. Basically, what we're saying is they're some of the safest and best online casinos around. And they're offering you cashback on your losses!
Top Cashback Casinos UK 2023
- Mammoth Welcome Bonus + Cashback
- Well Designed Casino With Top Games
- Sports Betting & Live Casino Available
- Solid Casino With a 10+ Year History
- Generous Bonuses
- Casino Games & Sports Betting Available
- Crypto/Bitcoin Accepted
- Top Casino Providers, Sports Betting & Esports
- Generous Welcome Bonus & Loyalty Programs
- Crypto Accepted
- Great For High Roller Bonuses
- Sports Betting, Casino, Live Games & More!
What Is Cashback? How Cashback Works
Casino cashback is a simple bonus to grasp and is often overlooked in favour of traditional casino welcome bonuses. However, the truth is, most players will be better off with cashback bonuses.
💡 A Cashback bonus is easy to understand, with the clue being is in its name. Quite simply, a cashback bonus will give you cash back into your casino account when you lose. As with any casino offer, they can differ wildly from one another, but the concept usually remains the same.
As an example, let's say you sign up at Casino XYZ to claim the 10% cashback bonus they're advertising. Cashback is usually calculated from the first completed deposit and all future deposits will be added to the counter, with withdrawals being deducted. Most of the time, casinos will reward you back based on losses for the week prior. Sometimes they may even credit you a monthly sum - it depends on the casino offer, which is why we strongly advise you to read the bonus terms before getting started.
Different Types of Cashback Bonus
Every cashback casino bonus involves the redemption of money that you’ve already deposited. Redeeming the money is always a partial percentage because no online casino will give 100% cashback. This is why it's good to be savvy by looking for the highest % cashback bonuses.
It's not just about the percentage though, because different cashback bonuses work in different ways. Here are the most common cashback bonuses available at UK cashback casinos:
This is the most common type, with casinos offering cashback bonuses that are based on 1 week - 2weeks of activity. Many players prefer weekly cashback because it helps with their cash flow and budgeting, often requiring the customer to deposit less frequently.
Monthly Cashback Bonus
Monthly cashback bonuses are funds that are transferred into your account based on the entire previous month's activity. Depending on the cashback % and how much you deposited and lost, could be a nice payday for you!
Specific Game Cashback
Certain cashback bonuses will focus on certain types of games or genres. For example, live casino cashback or slots cashback. Live casino cashback is highly sought after because of the popularity of live games. So once again, ensure the cashback offer you're intending to claim is compatible with the games you want to play and get cashback for.
Tiered Cashback Bonuses
Some casinos offering loyalty programs allow cashback in staggered intervals. For example, when you start at a new casino, on their basic loyalty level, you’ll enjoy a 2% cashback rate, however, if you climb the ranks to their higher-ranking member levels, you will be able to enjoy higher percentages of cashback, sometimes up to 20%. This type of bonus isn't for everyone, especially if you never intend to climb the different VIP levels. However, if you do, then these can pay off because you'll get much more back (but note, that you'll be playing much more too).
Some cashback offers convert your cashback into other formats. So, instead of getting cash, you will be offered different bonuses you can use in the casino, such as free spins, cryptocurrency payments, lottery tickets and gifts.
Often reserved for members of the casino VIP club, VIP Cashback is often a higher percentage back on losses than the standard casino cashback available to all. If you consider yourself a VIP / Highroller casino player, these are the cashback bonuses you'll want to look out for. You're probably already getting some great kickers from your current casino, but if not, check out the top cashback offers above.
Cashback Wagering Requirements
Getting casino cashback is all well and good, but at some casinos, there will be wagering requirements applied. Before you play, it's important to check the casinos' cashback wagering requirements. Wagering requirements are very common when you claim standard welcome bonuses and free spins but you need to be aware of it too when claiming casino cashback.
When you earn cashback money you'll receive it in your account. In your account, it looks like normal money. At most casinos, it is real money. But at some casinos, the cashback money is credited as bonus money. Sometimes this is referred to as "fake cashback". It means that you have to wager the cashback a certain amount of times before you can withdraw it. Here's an example:
Let's say you claimed a casino cashback offer that gives you 50% cashback on all roulette losses, up to a maximum of £20, with a 2x wagering requirement. There are several points to be aware of:
- Firstly: The cashback is only available on roulette, so other games will not count even if you lose money playing them.
- Secondly: The total amount of cashback that's available is £20, which would mean, to claim the maximum amount, your losses need to be at least £40 (because it's a 50% bonus).
- Thirdly: Once the £20 is claimed, this too will need to be wagered 2x. Until the cashback is wagered 2x (or whatever the terms are for your preferred bonus), you won't be able to withdraw it.
Why Cashback Casino Bonuses Are All The Rage
There are many reasons why claiming a casino cashback is the way to go, and few reasons not to. The only reason not to would be if you don't like claiming casino bonuses due to wagering requirements and restrictions. Here are the reasons we can think of why playing with cashback bonuses at casinos is worth doing:
- You Can Recover (Some) Losses: With cashback bonuses, you will be able to recover a portion of your losses, which is always a treat. Most casinos offering cashback will offer bonuses for anything in the region of between 5% to 35% back on your net losses. Percentages vary from casino to casino.
- Boost Your Budget: Getting cash back into your account regularly will help boost your budget and bankroll, without needing to rely on depositing. Look at it this way: even the smallest percentage of cashback can make a substantial difference to your bottom line.
- Helps You Play More: If you don't mind wagering requirements (which are standard for most casino promotions anyway) then it makes sense to get more out of your budget by getting cash back into your account. Getting that cashback could mean playing your favourite games much more than if you didn't opt to get the bonus.
- No Wagering Cashback: Some of the time, you won’t have to worry about wagering requirements for cashback bonuses but we strongly urge you to check the terms before you claim. If you are specifically looking for wager free cashback bonuses then make sure you do your homework. As a rule of thumb, sometimes cashback with wagering only comes into play when you receive a cashback bonus that's got a higher average %.
- Reasonable % Refund On Investment
- Highly Rewarding & Beneficial
- No/Low Wagering Requirements
- Some Cashback Bonuses Have Wagering Terms
- Not Available At All Casinos
- Some Cashback Bonuses Have Restricted Games
- Not The Best Choice For Low Rollers
Tips When Claiming Cashback at Casino Sites
Claiming cashback or casino rebates are a great way to ensure you're getting the most value from the time and money you put into the casino. However, here are some tips to make sure get the maximum perks from your cashback bonus, plus other mentions that you should be mindful about:
- Check the Max Cashback Limit: Cashback bonuses aren't endless bonuses - that would be too good to be true. Cashback bonuses, like the standard deposit bonus, will have a maximum "up to" claim amount. Check the cap on maximum losses that you can obtain.
- Take Note of Game Exclusions: As mentioned, Cashback bonuses can exclude certain games, so make sure you check the games you like to play aren't excluded.
- Be Attentive to the Minimum Payout: The bulk of cashback bonuses often carry minimum payout requirements. If you don't intend to play much, you may struggle to benefit from this type of bonus. If that's the case, fret not - many other types of casino bonuses would be more compatible, including no wagering bonuses, casino free spins, or most offers at minimum deposit casinos.
- Check The Format of Cashback: Some online casinos will give you actual cash back that you can immediately withdraw. However, be careful that some may award you cashback but in a different monetary format, such as cash-free spins on selected slots, that you can only use for gambling.
How To Claim A New Casino Cashback Bonus
Claiming a new cashback bonus should be as simple as claiming any other casino bonus. First off, you need to find a new casino offering cashback and sign up. If you would like some recommendations, then our top list of casino cashback bonuses above will help you find a new one.
💡 These casinos have been cherry-picked for the high-end qualities that you deserve from a casino such as premium games, said rebate bonus, fast withdrawals and of course, they're all licensed by the UK Gambling Commission - so are safe as houses!
Once all set, you will need to wager on real money games during a set period of time to get cashback. It's best to check the way the bonus you claim works, but for the most part, cashback will be automatically paid into your account every week, fortnight, or month. Some casinos allow only this offer to new players, whilst certain casinos will give higher percentages to players who are VIP /loyal members.
Cashback Casino FAQs
We hope this cashback article has been informative enough to help you on your way to finding a cashback bonus at a new trusted casino or help you decipher whether it's the right type of bonus for you or not. For your convenience, however, we have added some frequently asked questions below, to help you have a full understanding of the subject (...and pssst.... let you know what other casino players are also asking!)
How Often Are Cashback Bonuses Credited?
This ultimately depends on the casino you're playing at. Most cashback offers are credited back to players account every week (often on a Friday), every fortnight (again, on a Friday) or once a month - usually the 1st of every month for losses in the month prior.
Are Cashback Bonuses Worth It?
How Much Do I Have To Bet With Rebate Bonus?
What's A "Fake" Cashback Bonus?
Can You Only Get Cashback When You Lose Money?
Do Cashback Casinos Have Wagering Requirements?
How Many Cashback Casinos Can I Play At?