UK Casino Payment Methods
Before you get started, however, we wanted to share some tips and guidance about the various online casino payment methods available. Some of the casino banking methods we mention below are ones that you might not have come across yet and some will suit you better over others. Don't be shy to step out of your comfort zone to explore different ones which might work out to be more convenient.
Furthermore, choosing the right payment method when playing real money games at online casinos is crucial. Over the past few years, casino payment options have rapidly expanded so it can be often baffling which one to choose. There are tons of appealing and easy payment choices, but whilst there's a huge choice, there's also a lot to grasp because not all banking options are the same. Some have their perks, and some do have some downsides, and that's exactly what we're going to explore on this page.
- Enhanced Security
- One-Click Payments
- Convenient for iOS Users
- Easy to Use On All Devices
- Extra Level of Security
- One Click Payments
- Fast & Secure
- Low Limits
- Widely Accepted & Efficient
- No Fees
- Convenient & Easy To Use
- You Don’t Need A Bank
- No Account Needed
- No Need For Bank Cards
- Highly Secure
- Safe, Secure & Trusted
- Bonus Compatible
- Widely Accepted
- Easy To Stay Within Limits
- Safe & Secure
- Wideley Accepted at UK Casinos
- Widely Accepted
- Fast Withdrawals
- Safe & Trusted
- Widely Accepted
- Safe & Secure
- Bonus Compatible
- Widely Accepted
- Fast Withdrawals
- Highly Secure
- Widely Accepted
- Safe & Secure
- Bonus Compatible
- Safe & Alternative
- Better Bonuses
- Instant Cashouts
Top Online Casino Payment Providers
Below, we've listed online casino payment methods that we've fully reviewed. Some of them are extremely popular 'house old' names, and some may be newer to you. Read more about any payment method listed below by clicking on the icon to read a full review and breakdown about it. In each casino payment review, we've also handpicked the best online casinos and gambling sites that support that particular payment, making it easy for you to suss out the most convenient casinos to get started at.
Not sure which banking method to use? Our in-depth casino method payment guide will take you through all of the casino banking basics. We're taking all of the complexities and insecurities away by giving you as much information as we possibly can be to make things easy to grasp. Below, you’ll find the main pros and cons of many mainstream and new banking options. Have a browse to see what to look out for when choosing them and also some recommendations on some newer style payment methods which may suit you better than traditional means.
|Bank Wire Transfers||Higher deposit and withdrawal limits. A very safe and secure banking option||Longer waiting times for withdrawals. Deposits not instant. Less convenient. Some bank fees may apply.|
|Ewallets||Instant deposits and withdrawals. Widely accepted at most UK gambling sites. Safe and secure - no personal or financial details are required from the customer.||Deposits made via e-wallets may not be eligible for welcome bonuses or other promotional offers|
|Pay By Phone Bill||Helps customers stay in control and gamble within their means.||Low deposit limits. Difficult to withdraw. Not available at all casinos.|
|Prepaid Cards||Easy to obtain and use. Safe and anonymous payments. Helps customers stay in control and gamble within their means||Low deposit limits. Difficult to withdraw. Not available at all casinos.|
|Mobile Apps||Convenient and easy to use. Safe and secure.||Lower deposit and withdrawal limits may apply.|
|Debit / Credit Cards||Accepted at most online casinos and gambling sites. Highly secure payment option. Instant deposits||UK Customers not eligible to deposit or withdraw via Credit Cards. Slower withdrawal speed.|
|Bitcoin & Cyptocurrency||Better bonuses often offered to customers using Bitcoin. Anonymous and instant deposits/withdrawals.||Not widely available at UK casinos.|
Things To Keep In Mind When Choosing a Casino Payment Method
Fundamentally, when choosing which payment method you're going to use at casinos and online gambling sites should come down to convenience, access and speed. Below, we've listed the main criteria that we use when comparing some of the most leading payment methods:
- Availability: Do you have access to said payment provider? If not, do you want to create another payment account?
- Ease of use: Payments should be quick and easy and not complicated to use.
- Processing times: Online payments should be processed almost instantly
- Transaction fees: Look out for zero and low fees
- Bonus friendly: Pay attention to certain payment methods that can be restricted by the casino if you want to claim a bonus. Ewallets are well known for being excluded.
To help you determine the best casino payment method for you, have a look at our pro's and con's table above for help. It lists most casino payment providers (both mainstream and newer) and the associated pros and cons of each. It should help you ascertain which method is going to be best for you!
How to Choose the Best Casino Payment Method for You
Taking into consideration the sheer number of banking options available to you, it can be difficult to choose one. Or, you could find yourself opting for the same old method when another one may suit you better. Stepping out of your comfort zone away from traditional banking methods can be daunting, but all casino payment methods are 100% safe and secure with a modern twist that comes with ease and efficiency and sometimes - other perks! Below are a few tips to help you choose what’s appropriate for you:
- Advantages and disadvantages: Look at the pros and cons of each payment method above to decide which option will work best for you and your finances.
- Extra fees Associated: Verify if there are any card issuing or maintenance/ minimum fees involved. The gambling site probably won't apply any fees, but a payment processor might. It's always best to check to be on the safe side to save money.
- Payouts: Have a look and check to make sure that you will be able to withdraw via your chosen payment method. It's easier if this is the case, but some payments don't work with payouts, such as Pay By Phone Bill and PaySafeCard, so you will need to be able to receive the withdrawal some other way - usually via Bank Wire Transfer.
- Bonuses & VIP Programs: Payment providers sometimes offer various perks for joining and using their payment service. Check if this appeals to you. What do they offer? Is it worth the effort in switching?
- Security: Check the security standards and licences to choose the most reliable and safe option for you.
- Anonymity & Personal Information: If you're the sort to worry about disclosing your sensitive financial information with online casinos, no matter if they're 100% safe and secure, then you should choose disposable prepaid cards like PaySafeCards or use mobile banking apps like PayPal and Apple Pay.
- Deposit amounts: If you're planning on depositing big amounts then we recommend using bank cards or bank wire transfers for ultimate security and also benefitting from higher deposit limits.
- Transaction Speed: Transaction speeds vary from payment provider to payment provider. Choose one that will finish the transaction that suits your patience time!
- Convenience: With the number of payment providers you have to choose from, convenience should be a priority. Do you need to worry about another payment provider? Do you want to sign up and verify another banking system when you already have many to choose from? Ultimately, depositing online at casinos and gambling sites should be a piece of cake - not a headache!
Top Casino Payment Methods Summary
As mentioned, there are 100's of banking methods to choose from at online casinos. We've whittled down to make a list of the top ones, with a brief outline on each to help you understand what every payment brand name entail so you can quickly weed out the ones not right for you. Remember, at the top of this article, you can fully access in-depth reviews of a large range of casino payment providers that we've independently reviewed for your convenience. What's more, if you need to contact us or the casino about anything payment related, whether that's before you sign up or when you are playing, feel free - there's no question too big or small when it comes to your hard-earned cash.
Debit cards are useful to make payments at online gambling sites, which is why it's probably one of the most popular ways to pay in the UK. Debit Card payment methods include Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Mastercard Debit and Maestro, all of which are connected to your bank, making them ultra-secure and simple to use. Most, if not all UK online casinos accept this as the main payment method.
UK Casinos don't allow any transactions via Credit Card due to April 2020's rulings made by the UKGC about gambling on credit. As a result, you won't be able to use any credit cards to cash out or deposit at UK licensed gambling sites. For those not residing in the UK, you will have more options when it comes to credit cards. Most respected online gambling sites accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Diners Club credit cards for gambling transactions.
eWallets are a hugely popular banking method for casino players around the globe. eWallets are safe and secure digital wallets that are linked to your bank account. One of the biggest advantages of using e-wallets when funding your online casino account is the speediness of both deposits and also withdrawals. Other benefits include convenience and ease of setting it up, security, and the protection of your personal and financial data. Popular e-wallets include:
- PayPal: Paypal is recognised as one of the world’s most secure online payment platforms and one of the biggest banking options in the world. You can use PayPal to purchase anything online or pay anyone - online gambling companies. PayPal is fully licensed and regulated by the FCA and comes with advanced data encryption. It's no wonder that PayPal is often the 'go-to' for casino and online gamblers alike. The greatest advantage of using PayPal to deposit at casinos is that it's fast and secure - and you never have to enter any banking details in your casino account, as it's all handled externally by PayPal!
- Neteller: Another mainstream eWallet accepted at online casino sites is Neteller. Neteller allows you to make fast and protected payments online so you can get playing without any delays or interruptions. Neteller deposits are instant and Neteller withdrawals are usually processed instantly- which means your withdrawal will show in your Neteller account shortly after.
- Skrill: On par with Neteller, and perhaps slightly more popular, is Skrill, formerly known as MoneyBookers. Just like Neteller, all transactions are safe, confidential, and only take seconds to complete.
The one difficulty that you’ll almost always incur when depositing with Ewallets (especially Skrill and Neteller) is missing out on welcome bonuses for new players. Most, if not all casinos, especially the ones we've reviewed on this website, restrict welcome bonuses and other gambling offers for those using Skrill and Neteller. The reason is simply that eWallets pose a higher risk of money laundering and bonus abuse than other casino banking methods and casinos cannot afford to take the risk and jeopardize their UK licensing obligations.
Pay By Phone
The Pay By Phone bill method isn't a mainstream method as there are some restrictions when using it, but for some, it does allow easy payments to online casinos. For a start, Pay By Phone Bill is easy and convenient for many people. To use this method, you'll need to have a mobile phone on a network that supports Pay By Phone Bill. Mainstream Phone Bill payment providers include Boku, PayForIt and Apple Pay. How it works is simple. You make an instant deposit using your mobile phone number without having to disclose your card details. Simply deposit, enter a code and you'll pay on your next phone bill if you are on a contract. If you're "PAYG" or Pay as You Go, you can top up your phone and deposit this way. This method is not for everyone, however, as there's usually a low deposit limit or around £30.
Bank Transfers remain one of the most popular ways for casino players to fund their accounts. Bank Wires are safe, secure and efficient, though they may take a little longer than other methods. Bank Wire Transfers are ideal for players who don’t mind waiting several days for their funds to be credited to their account or worry about using online payment methods with their details, as Bank transfers are protected by the hefty security systems banks have in place.
Another upside to using bank wire transfers is deposit and withdrawal limits. If you plan to deposit a larger amount of cash, Bankwire may be the best way to go, as other methods could place daily limits or exceed limits that may get in the way of your plans. Bank Wire Transfers aren't for everyone, however, because they are slower. At any reputable UK casino sites, deposits made via Bank Transfer can be instant, but withdrawals can take up to 10 days. This is due to security checks carried out by your bank and also the casino. Casinos need to comply with heavy Anti Money Laundering (AML) checks to ensure they keep their site safe from fraudulent transactions.
Trustly is another reliable payment method that's supported by all the major banks in the UK. One major perk with Trustly is that you no longer need to worry about bank cards or sharing sensitive information with online casinos. Trustly is similar to PayPal in this regard. Another up and coming banking option is Klarna, which is again, like PayPal. Klarna is widely accepted by many online retailers and online gambling companies and is a modern banking solution that makes payments to your casino account directly from your bank and vice versa.
Another perfect payment solution for those who don't want to share their personal or banking details or for those who want to stay in control of their gambling. For these reasons, Prepaid cards are beneficial when it comes to depositing at online casinos. The most widely-used prepaid cards include PaySafeCard, NeoSurf and also the 'EcoCard' supplied by EcoPayz. Do note that not all casinos support withdrawals to prepaid cards.
- Paysafecard: Among the above-mentioned prepaid cards, PaySafeCard is the most common and is widely supported at UK online gambling sites. PaySafeCard is user-friendly and easy to get hold of. PaySafeCards are commonly sold at newsagents and other prominent retailers up and down the country. To use them, all you need to do is scratch off the pin code on the back of the card, and enter it into the banking page when depositing at a PaySafeCard supported casino site. What's more, PaySafecards can be easily topped up. Although PaySafeCard offers users security and anonymity, it's not the most convenient of payment options. However, it's just right for some customers. Plus, there are no fees on deposits which are also instant most of the time.
- EcoPayz: Another top option for players wanting to use a prepaid card is EcoPayz 'Ecocard'. It works in the same as PaySafeCards, in the sense that it offers an instant and reliable way to deposit at casinos. To obtain an EcoCard, you will need to apply for one and get it sent to you via post, or you can register for a virtual card with EcoPayz.
- Neosurf: Another popular prepaid card is Neosurf. Neosurf poses as a great alternative for players who are reluctant to deposit with their debit cards. Neosurf works the same way as a PaySafeCard and allows for the full discretion of customers sensitive banking and personal information. NeoSurf is a voucher that can be bought online or via many UK high street retailers in fixed sums. Neosurf is also considered a responsible payment choice as it promotes responsible gambling as it assisted control over their gambling payments.
Alternative Casino Payment Methods
There are many, many other options available to you aside from the aforementioned mainstream payment providers. We recommend checking the casinos banking page to find out if it caters to your needs or perhaps reveals a new payment method that may be more convenient for you. Other reliable, trustworthy and popular payment methods in the UK also include the following:
Boku is a form of Pay By Phone method and is widely accepted at online gambling sites. When you deposit with Boku, it's fast, safe and handy. How it works echoes the above section about Paying By Phone Bill. Select Boku in the casino cashier and you will be able to deposit via your phone number. You'll then get charged on your phone bill. If you’re a 'pay as you go' customer, your deposit will be deducted from your current balance.
Newer to the scene is Revolut, which is a bank transfer app that works exclusively with Visa and Mastercard. If you hold a Visa or Mastercard, you'll be able to open a Revolut account and fund your casino cashier with little to no trouble. Once again, it's another safe, secure and modern banking method now widely accepted at online casinos in the UK.
Bitcoin / CryptoCurrency: BitPay, Coinbase, CoinsPaid
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency isn't a banking method per se, but it is becoming a more popular way to pay and play online. To play casino games and slots with Bitcoin (or your preferred Cryptocurrency) you'll need to find a casino that supports it. There are fewer in the UK due to strict UKGC regulations. Some e-wallets such as Skrill and Neteller act as an intermediary, however.
Whilst they don't allow you to directly deposit with Cryptocurrencies, you can buy or exchange using their service and deposit at casinos with a FIAT currency of your choosing. There are a handful of true Bitcoin casinos however, see our guide above for recommended Bitcoin casinos. Outside of the UK, you are more spoiled for choice when it comes to Bitcoin Casinos.
Casino Payment Methods FAQ's
Our in-depth FAQ's sections throughout our gambling guides are aimed to help you discover the most important quick facts about the subject at hand. In case you've skipped through the Casino Payment options guide above, the casino banking options FAQ's below will at least offer some important insight about getting money in - and more importantly - out at online casinos straightaway.
Can I Trust A Casino With My Debit / Credit Card Details?
Every UK-regulated online casino ensures that all payment options are safe and secure, including Debit/ Credit Cards. Trusted online casinos, such as those we recommend throughout this website, go to great lengths to ensure every area of their website is 100% safe and encrypted and cannot be compromised. Also, in line with UK and EU data protection laws, no company can misuse or endanger your payment details by not safeguarding them correctly. This is why you can trust online gambling companies with your payment details. If you're still not sure or prefer not to add your Debit/ Credit card details into the casino's cashier, we recommend using a payment method that skips this process - like PayPal or Skrill for example.