Skrill was established in 2001 and offers a wide range of online payment options and money transfer services. Since its launch, Skrill has expanded to operate in more than 120 countries, offering just a little over 40 different currencies. Skrill was one of the first e-wallets to branch out into online gaming and has long been seen as the online gambling e-wallet of choice.
All that's required is an email address to make Skrill payments and of course, a Skrill wallet, which is free to create and only takes a few minutes to create. Once set up and verified, you will be able to make payments to Skrill Casinos, and e-commerce shops, make money transfers to other Skrill account holders, use their virtual prepaid MasterCard and even exchange cryptocurrencies.
Below, we'll walk you through the steps but first, if you are looking for a new UK Skrill Casino, have a look at our handpicked operators below. Each casino accepts deposits and withdrawals with Skrill (with low to zero fees) and is some of the best licensed UK casinos around right now (you find out how we review casinos here).
Best Skrill Casinos 2023
- Mammoth Welcome Bonus + Cashback
- Well Designed Casino With Top Games
- Sports Betting & Live Casino Available
- Brand New For 2023
- Whopper Welcome Bonus
- Good Choice of Games & Slots
- Crypto Accepted
- Great For High Roller Bonuses
- Sports Betting, Casino, Live Games & More!
- Slots, Table Games, Live Casino & Sports Betting
- Wagering Free Bonuses
- Trusted Platform & Licensed
- Crypto/Bitcoin Accepted
- Top Casino Providers, Sports Betting & Esports
- Generous Welcome Bonus & Loyalty Programs
How Safe Is Skrill?
Skrill holds several licenses enabling it to offer its services in the UK, Europe and globally. Skrill is operated by Paysafe Payment Solutions Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland that also owns numerous other payment services, including Neteller, ecoPayz and Paysafecard.
Skrill's activities outside of the European Economic Area are operated by Skrill Limited – a company incorporated in the United Kingdom and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Further to that, Skrill is regulated by the Bank of Ireland for its European-regulated activities as well. These regulations are in themselves a huge indicator that Skrill is safe to use and is also 100% legit. Being regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority means your funds are protected should anything go awry.
💡 Of course, a service like Skrill is only as safe as its users. If you lose your password, pre-paid MasterCard and/or your devices with little security protecting them, or you connect through an unsecured Wi-Fi network, you will be putting yourself at risk. So, although Skrill can be a 100% safe and secure payment solution, you must use it in the appropriate way to maintain its superior security measures.
Why Use Skrill?
One of the primary benefits of using Skrill and other e-wallets at online gambling sites is the speed at which you can deposit and withdraw funds. Once you’ve set up a Skrill account, you can instantly transfer funds to where you want. With alternative, more traditional methods, such as a bank transfer, you may have to wait for your bank to process the withdrawal, which can take much longer. Sometimes, you just want to use money there and then, and Skrill is a great way to do that.
Another significant benefit to using Skrill Casinos is that there are no fees charged for having a Skrill account and the membership is free (though there is a small fee for having a Skrill Mastercard sent to you). Skrill also allows you to upload funds to your account free of charge with several methods available, including bank transfer, Maestro and most Cryptocurrencies.
Remember that you will be charged a fee for using other methods such as Visa, American Express and Mastercard. There are also small fees attached to withdrawals, but this is common as payment providers need to cut somewhere. When you deposit at Skrill Casinos, it's normally the casino that swallows any associated fees.
Furthermore, one of the greatest benefits of using Skrill at online gambling sites is that it allows you to keep your bank details hidden. With Skrill, you aren't required to enter any financial details directly into your casino account because everything is done externally. This adds an extra layer of security to your transaction and keeps sensitive data hidden. When using Skrill, the whole process when depositing is protected by the highest level of data encryption, which is why it's a trusted and reliable method of depositing at a casino.
- Accepted at Most UK Casinos & Gambling Sites
- Low Fees
- Easy, Safe & Secure - Not Need To Share Banking Details
- Fast & Fuss Free Cashouts
- Semi-Anonymous Payments
- Convenient Mobile Payments
- Casino Bonuses Often Aren't Eligible When Using Skrill
- Some Casinos Don't Offer Skrill in UK
How To Use Skrill For Deposits
As mentioned, the main perk of using a Skrill Casino is efficiency and ease. Skrill is handy, which is why so many casino players enjoy using it. In just a few steps, you will be able to deposit at an online casino using Skrill. If you're new to this payment, then our steps below will help you through the process:
Find A New Skrill Online Casino
To deposit using Skrill at UK online casinos, you'll need to have a Skrill account as well as an account at a Casino that accepts Skrill payments. This is not a hard feat as almost all leading UK casinos offer this payment method. A good place to start is finding a new Skrill casino - have a browse at the Skrill casino operators that we've handpicked above.
We've maintained a wide mix of the type of gaming sites on the list so that everyone reading will find something suitable. You name it, we have it! Skrill gambling sites, Skrill casino sites, new slot sites accepting Skrill and of course Skrill Betting sites. In fact, we're only missing Bingo right now, but we're planning on getting to that shortly.
Create A Skrill Account & Verify Your Details To Lift Limits
You'll need an account at Skrill that's verified. If you haven't already got one, you can register for a Skrill account here for no charge. Make sure you enter all of your current and up-to-date details and then verify a payment method you'd like to use. Usually, Skrill will require you to send in verification documents, so they can run their obligatory KYC ("know your customer") checks. Skrill must undertake these checks to meet the requirements of their financial license. They also need to ensure you are who you say you are and that no fraudulent activity is taking place.
Verifying your account is usually a one-time process. Once done, certain restrictions will be lifted, such as maximum daily transactions, the ability to make larger transfers and so on. It's also at this stage, that you will be able to also apply for a Skrill Virtual Prepaid Mastercard if you wish.
How to Create a Skrill Account
For those new to the whole process, it's really easy, but here’s a step-by-step guide to creating a Skrill account:
- Go to the Skrill website (or download the app,) and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- You will be prompted to enter your personal details (address, date of birth, and mobile phone number) and your preferred currency. Then click on the button to create the account. Make sure you look out for an email to verify your email address.
- Skrill will then send a verification code to your phone, which will need to be entered into your Skrill dashboard to confirm your new account.
- To use your account with normal limits and no restrictions, you’ll need to complete the registration process by providing your address, date of birth, and mobile phone number.
- At some point, you’ll be required to verify your account. It's easy to do and can be done in the account itself. You will need to upload copies of your passport, ID card or driver’s licence, as well as proof of your address. Usually, a utility bill suffices, as long as it's been issued in the last three months.
Depositing With Skrill
Once you're set with your new Skrill account and your chosen Skrill gambling site, the next step is to deposit funds. This is usually uncomplicated to do because it's the same at all casinos. Simply head towards the cashier section in your casino account and select the deposit icon. Here, you should select Skrill and the amount you'd like to deposit. Make sure that you keep within budget and only deposit what you can afford to lose. Once you click 'deposit' your funds will be displayed instantaneously upon a successful transaction
Withdrawing With Skrill
Withdrawing with Skrill is just as easy as depositing. When you want to cash out your winnings, you do the same as you did when you deposited, but in reverse. Skrill is one of the fastest cashout methods, however the time it takes for you to get your money in your Skrill account depends on several things. First, you must have an up-to-date account that's been verified. Just like when Skrill asks you to verify your account, so will a casino. If you've already done this, then your withdrawal will be processed as soon as possible and sent to your account. Often you'll have your funds within 24-48 hours tops.
If you haven't yet verified your gambling account, perhaps because you're playing at a brand new casino, then ensure you send the operator all of the necessary documentation they ask for: usually a copy of ID and a recent utility bill. That's it! You'll only be asked to do this once, and it's not as complicated as it sounds. Casinos must ask this of you because of their UKGC licensing obligations. Failure to comply would mean heavy fines for the casino or worse - a license suspension.
Skrill Prepaid Mastercard
Skrill, like many other e-wallets, offers the option of having a virtual and physical prepaid Mastercard. This is a handy piece of equipment to have if you’re planning on using Skrill regularly. There’s an annual fee of £10 but this is counterbalanced by using the Mastercard to spend your winnings.
You can use your Skrill Mastercard in the places you use your other bank card. Using a Skrill Mastercard is a great way to spend your winnings in shops, and restaurants and to make online purchases as you so desire. It's really important to note that if you choose to use your Skrill card at an ATM to withdraw cash, there will be a small % fee that's applied.
Skrill Casino Bonuses - Important
Normally, we would give you a complete overview of the type of casino bonuses that you would normally be able to claim when using a specific type of casino bonus, but in this payment methods case, we have to give you a heads up that it's not your average payment method when it comes to casino bonuses and offers.
You will find that at most casinos and gambling sites when you deposit with Skrill (and Neteller for that matter) you won't be able to claim the bonus on offer. This usually goes for all bonuses and you'll find that it's the case at most sites, except a few. The reason why many casinos do not allow bonuses to be claimed when using Skrill is a traditional fraud/ bonus abuse issue.
It's seen that it was easier to get a Skrill account and sign up with the view to deposit small and get maximum rewards and "bonus abuse" which is a shame because it's a great payment method to use at online gambling sites. It's a cost factor too since the casino not only has to pay for the Skrill fees but also the bonus (contrary to popular belief it costs the casino money to give you a "free bonus").
Of course, not being able to claim a bonus when you use Skrill may be fine for some players who do not wish to claim any sort of bonus and therefore gamble online without any restrictions, however, if you're looking forward to claiming a welcome bonus at a new casino, you may want to seek out an alternative to Skrill so that you'll able to claim the bonus.
Alternative Options To Using Skrill at Online Casinos
If you don't want to use Skrill being you've been vying up a casino bonus, or you simply don't want to create an account and have yet another e-wallet to worry about, then there are plenty of options for Skrill alternatives. They include:
- Neteller: Neteller is similar to Skrill. When you sign up for a Neteller account you will get access to its Net+ Prepaid Mastercard (just like Skrills' prepaid card) and the same money transfer options, making it another convenient option. Make sure you keep in mind that it's likely you won't be able to take advantage of casino bonuses when you use Neteller (which is the same as for Skrill)
- PayPal: One of the most popular casino payment options, PayPal is one of the most highly regarded e-wallet options currently available at online gambling sites. With PayPal, it's free to sign up to and is accepted by a range of online casinos, sports betting sites and new slot sites. It also adds an extra layer of account security because you never have to add any financial details to your gaming account.
- Paysafecard: If you don't want to use your bank account, debit card and you also don't wish to sign up for any e-wallets, the best option for you is to use Prepaid cards such as Paysafecard. These prepaid cards are available at most corner shops, newsletters, off-licenses and supermarkets. To deposit, simply scratch off the 16 digit code and enter it into your casino account.
- Pay by Mobile Phone: If you don’t want to set up any new accounts and only wish to deposit smaller sums, then alternative methods like Pay By Phone, Boku and Siru are the best ways to go. With these, you can pay with your phone bill. Deposits are instant and you will be charged to your mobile phone bill. Note though, that withdrawals are often restricted using this method.
- Easy to Use On All Devices
- Extra Level of Security
- One Click Payments
- Enhanced Security
- One-Click Payments
- Convenient for iOS Users
- Fast & Secure
- Low Limits
- Widely Accepted & Efficient
- Safe, Secure & Trusted
- Bonus Compatible
- Widely Accepted
- No Account Needed
- No Need For Bank Cards
- Highly Secure
- Easy To Stay Within Limits
- Safe & Secure
- Wideley Accepted at UK Casinos
- Widely Accepted
- Safe & Secure
- Bonus Compatible
- Widely Accepted
- Fast Withdrawals
- Highly Secure
Top Gambling Sites Accepting Skrill
If you're looking for a top-quality, all-around decent UK online gambling site that accepts Skrill deposits and withdrawals, check out our top list below. These operators have been chosen for their premium qualities because they offer everything under one roof, so to speak. Perfect for those who like to play and gamble on all products!
|Best Gambling Sites Accepting Neteller||Min. Deposit||Wag. Requirement||Withdrawal Times||Live Casino||Betting|
|Lottomart Casino||£10||x40||24-48 Hours||Yes||No|
|Jackpot Village||£10||x40||24-48 Hours||Yes||No|
|The Pools Casino||£10||x40||24 Hours||Yes||No|
|NY Spins Casino||£10||x40||24-48 Hours||Yes||No|
|Luckland Casino||£10||x40||24-72 Hours||Yes||Yes|
|Betfred Casino||£10||x40||24-48 Hours||Yes||Yes|
Skrill Slot Sites
You can use Skrill across all gambling sites, including new slot sites. New slot sites are just like new casinos but have a focal point towards online slots more than anything else, though you will still be able to play plenty of other casino games too. If you're a slot player, depositing by Skrill at online slot sites is easy. Here are just some slots that you can play when you deposit by Skrill:
UK Skrill Casinos FAQs
We hope our page dedicated to casinos accepting Skrill has helped you understand everything that's involved when you pay with this method - including the important part about not being able to claim a casino bonus. Continue reading as we've added some extra frequently asked questions below to go all out on the subject so you have everything to hand, before you play.
What Is Skrill?
Skrill is a digital e-wallet that allows its users to make fast and secure international money transfers to over 40 countries worldwide. Skrill was once called Moneybookers and is often the go-to payment method for online gamblers because of the convenience and safety it offers.