What Is Visa?
Visa Inc. is an American multinational financial services corporation that's headquartered in Foster City, California, USA. Visa facilitates electronic money transfers throughout the world, most typically through Visa-branded credit cards, debit cards and prepaid cards. Visa does not issue debit and credit cards directly, like American Express and Discover do, they issue cards via financial institutions, such as through your bank or e-wallet.
💡 To give an idea of how widely used Visa is, it was reported in 2020, that Visa generated $21.8 billion in net revenue with a payments volume of $8.8 trillion. It's huge!
Best Visa Casinos
- Mammoth Welcome Bonus + Cashback
- Well Designed Casino With Top Games
- Sports Betting & Live Casino Available
- Brand New For 2023
- Whopper Welcome Bonus
- Good Choice of Games & Slots
- Crypto Accepted
- Great For High Roller Bonuses
- Sports Betting, Casino, Live Games & More!
- Solid Casino With a 10+ Year History
- Generous Bonuses
- Casino Games & Sports Betting Available
- Crypto/Bitcoin Accepted
- Top Casino Providers, Sports Betting & Esports
- Generous Welcome Bonus & Loyalty Programs
Why Use Visa at Online Casinos?
Many people use Visa because it's widely accepted at UK online gambling sites. Through, make sure that you keep in mind that Visa Debit is only permitted to be used at gambling sites in the UK. In January 2020, the UK Gambling Commission pushed through new laws and regulations to ban all forms of gambling on credit. As such, from April 2020 gambling on any form of credit has been prohibited, including the use of credit cards and the use of credit cards via an alternative payment processor, such as PayPal for example.
The reason gambling on credit has been prohibited is to protect those gambling with money they cannot afford to use or lose. If you're reading this outside of UK gambling jurisdiction, will probably be able to use Visa Credit Cards at online gambling sites as per normal, though do check your local laws.
Aside from Visa being accepted at virtually all gambling sites, making it an easy way to deposit and withdraw for many, Visa is also incredibly simple to use, and deposits are usually free and instant. What's more, you can even get a large casino bonus on your first deposit if you opt to sign up at our recommended UK Visa Casinos. Casino bonuses are often excluded if you use Skrill and Neteller, for example (always read full bonus terms before you claim, just to be on the safe side).
- Visa Is Widely Accepted at Most Gambling Sites
- Visa Is Eligible For Casino Bonus
- Quick, Easy & Instant Deposits
- Familiar Payment Method
- Withdrawals Can Take Longer Than Alternative Methods
- Users Required To Enter Card Details Into Site
- Debit Cards Only Accepted at UK Gambling Sites
How To Use Visa At Online Gambling Sites
Whether you're looking to deposit at online casinos, slot sites or betting sites with Visa, you will need two things. Of course, you'll need a valid debit Visa Card as well as an account at an online gambling site that accepts Visa deposits.
Chances are, you already have a Visa Debit Card, though if you haven't, getting one is easy and free to do (but not instant). In most cases, your high street bank will issue you with either a Visa or a Mastercard depending on who they choose to partner with. You can sign-up online for a prepaid card with other merchants, like Skrill, PayPal and Neteller if you would prefer to go down the e-wallet route.
Finding a casino or betting site that accepts Visa won't be hard, though if you are looking for a new place to play, you can compare our list of top Visa Casinos in the UK above. These gambling operators have been chosen for their premium experience and overall safety. They are each licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, offer a great choice of games and fair bonuses. To read more about any of the featured gambling sites in the list, simply click on "review" to find out more about each brand. Once you've chosen a new Visa casino, follow the simple steps below to deposit by Visa:
- Select the Debit Card option from the deposit section of your new Visa casino; the Visa logo should be visible.
- Enter your card number, expiry date, the name on the card and the CVC number from the reverse of the card.
- You may then be asked to enter a security code or alternative security feature, like a security question, if you have this set up with your bank prior to depositing.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit into your Visa UK casino and press the confirm button.
- Upon a successful deposit, your funds will be credited to your casino balance instantly. If you have claimed a welcome bonus, this too will be applied to your account. Just ensure that you deposit enough as per terms and conditions of the bonus - some require more than £10. All of the bonuses we feature have the significant terms displayed clearly so you should never be in doubt.
Withdrawing at Visa Casinos
Withdrawing from Visa casinos is the exact same process as depositing. To withdraw, click on the withdraw button and select the amount you want to withdraw. There are a couple of checks the casino site needs to undertake to satisfy their UKGC licensing obligations, notably ensuring you have verified your account by completing "Know Your Customer" checks and also they need to make sure that, if you claimed any kind of bonus, you have completed the wagering requirements.
Once the casino has approved your withdrawal, you can expect to receive your winnings within 2-4 working days. Most Visa casinos have a £10 withdrawal limit but make sure you check as some can apply £20 as a minimum. Some casinos may also apply a 1 – 5% fee which, if you're not comfortable with, you could opt for an alternative payment method that's entirely free, such as PayPal. Always check if you're not sure.
How Safe Is Visa?
We think that it's fair to say that Visa is widely known for providing safe and secure payment solutions and is one of the safest payment providers around. Visa cards require pin codes when used at ATMs or in stores (aside from contactless which are limited to £100).
When making online purchases such as those at Visa Casinos, you will also need to authorise payments, usually entering an OTP (one-time passcode) into the cashier that's sent to your phone. Even if your card information gets into the wrong hands, no payments will be made without access to the codes sent to your registered phone number or banking app.
What's more, Visa also doesn’t hold the owner of a card accountable for any unauthorised transactions in the event that the card is lost or stolen. In most circumstances, funds will be returned once everything has been investigated, but this does depend largely on the bank or financial institution you're using.
To summarise, Visa is one of the safest and most secure ways to deposit at online casinos. If you use Visa at Casinos, you can be sure of the following security measures:
- Digital tokens for extra security
- Facial recognition and fingerprint software for secure payments
- Fraud prevention tools & alerts
- Spending limits and transaction alerts for consumers
- ATM Card freeze functionality
Visa Gift Cards
Using a Visa gift card is also another popular way of financing an online casino account. Many Visa casinos will also accept Visa Giftcards. Visa Giftcards work a little differently from Visa Debit and Prepaid cards and are usually purchased directly from a retail vendor. Some customers prefer to use this Visa Giftcard Casinos because it's highly convenient, promotes easy budgeting and provides anonymity when depositing.
Alternative Payments To Visa
If you're hesitant in using your Visa Card at online gambling sites, then there are plenty of other options you could use that do not require you to add your card number and sensitive details directly into your account.
Whilst using Visa at UKGC licensed casinos is incredibly secure, some people prefer not to add their banking details (which are transmitted over the internet). If this sounds like you, we recommend the following payment options. We've mainly listed e-wallets and prepaid cards that require no in account financial details to be entered:
- Maestro: Maestro is a similar solution to Visa and is provided by Mastercard. Maestro is the debit card from Mastercard and is available at most online casinos in the UK. It's a perfect solution for those who don't have Visa because their bank offers them a Maestro Visa instead. Just like Visa, withdrawals can take a touch longer than some other alternative payment providers like e-wallets. Casino bonuses can usually be claimed at Maestro Casinos.
- Paysafecard: Paysafecard is a prepaid card method and works similarly to Visa Giftcards. Paysafecard is a good choice for those who don’t want to share their card details and those who wish that stay within budget. Paysafecards can be purchased at most newsagents and supermarkets. Do note if using PaySafeCard, most casinos don't allow withdrawals via Paysafe so an alternative option will be required when you cash out. Casino bonuses can usually be claimed with this payment method.
- PayPal: PayPal is a hugely popular e-wallet available at most casinos in the UK and for us, is one of the best Visa alternatives. You can usually claim a casino bonus using PayPal, plus deposits and withdrawals are usually really fast when using PayPal -often a day or two faster than Visa.
- Enhanced Security
- One-Click Payments
- Convenient for iOS Users
- Fast & Secure
- Low Limits
- Widely Accepted & Efficient
- Easy To Stay Within Limits
- Safe & Secure
- Wideley Accepted at UK Casinos
- Widely Accepted
- Safe & Secure
- Bonus Compatible
- Widely Accepted
- Fast Withdrawals
- Highly Secure
- Widely Accepted
- Fast Withdrawals
- Safe & Trusted
- Easy to Use On All Devices
- Extra Level of Security
- One Click Payments
- No Account Needed
- No Need For Bank Cards
- Highly Secure
Slot Sites Accepting Visa
Just like Visa Casinos and Visa Betting Sites, it's not hard to find a new slot site accepting Visa. If you prefer to use your Visa debit card to play online slots, Slingo and Bingo, you'll have no difficulting using your Visa Debit Card, Visa Prepaid Card or Visa Giftcard. We've selected some of the newest slots below which can be enjoyed at our reviewed casinos:
New Visa Gambling Sites 2023
New Gambling sites that accept Visa are being launched all the time due to the sheer popularity of Visa in the UK and around the globe. We've listed some of the best Visa Casinos above, but below are some of the newest gambling operators to have launched that have passed our tests enough to be featured!
Have a check below and tick off the things on your gambling sites checklist of what you're looking for when choosing a new site to gamble at. We've added a wide range of new gambling sites that accept Visa below, so we're confident you'll find a site that offers everything you're looking to play and bet on, all under one roof.
|Trustly Gambling Site||Min. Deposit||Wag. Requirement||Withdrawal Times||Live Casino||Betting|
|Pelaa Casino||£10||x40||24-48 Hours||Yes||No|
|Casino Gods||£10||x40||24-48 Hours||Yes||No|
|Race Casino||£20||x40||24 Hours||Yes||No|
|Plaza Royal Casino||£10||x40||24-48 Hours||Yes||No|
|Mr Play Sports||£10||x40||24-72 Hours||Yes||Yes|
|Betiton Sports & Casino||£10||x40||24-48 Hours||Yes||Yes|
UK Visa Casinos FAQs
We hope we've included enough information and detail so that you're confident in using Casinos that accept Visa. However, for your convenience, we have added some frequently asked questions about the topic below to help you get ahead.
Can I Use Visa At Casinos in the UK?
Yes, you can deposit at UK casinos with your Visa Card, though UK gambling sites are only permitted to accept Visa Debit Cards. The use of Credit Cards at online gambling sites has been prohibited (as are all other forms of gambling on credit) since April 2020.